Surf Coach Form
Calling all surf coaches & surf schools! Over the past 5 years, we've been building an autism-informed surf coach training package designed by surf coaches for surf coaches.
The course runs in a face-to-face environment, incorporating both theory and a practical application of skills in the water (alongside a host of other great pre and post-session resources). We aim to ensure autistic individuals can access the ocean safely and effectively, catering to the individual's needs and promoting the joy the ocean brings.
You will learn:
1. How to ensure individuals safety and enjoyment is prioritised by learning to assess and identify potential risks and the ways to mitigate these risks.
2. How to identify individuals specific needs and set goals.
3. How to co-regulate with a child when they are struggling to help them then meet expectations of a session.
4. How to communicate effectively with autistic individuals by learning to shift and expand your methods of communication
5. How to adapt your surf lessons to support differences in motor skills and sensory experience.
You will be provided with:
1. Face to Face training involving both theory and a practical application of skills in the water
2. Pre session resources to send out to families (i.e. social stories and visuals)
3. Support from StS to complete ALL intakes and bookings
4. NDIS Support from StS for surf school participants
5. FREE Supervision support follow up for first 3 sessions
6. Ongoing supervision and support available for hourly supervision rates.
Presenter Aimee Blacker has been a surf coach for over 15 years and also works as a peadiatric occupational therapist. Aimee is the co-founder of surfing the spectrum.
Jay Mason is an autistic surfer and educator providing hands on lived experience with knowledge you can put in to practice straight away.
$150 per person
Autism-Informed Surf Coach Training Package
Name on Card
Which training day are you interested in?
Newcastle- 22nd September 2023
If your location is not mentioned here please send us an email to express your interest: email@example.com
Surf School you are currently working with?
If you are doing your Level One Coaching Course currently then please put down the Surf School you'll be completing your 20 hrs with.
Any other qualifications?
Comment or Message
This content is neither created nor endorsed by WPForms.
Skip to toolbar